What will I learn from this course?
Thorough in Heat and Mass Transfer
Engineering Mathematics - Heat Transfer - Fluid Mechanics.
Who is the target audience?
All Streams of B.tech and B.E Students
Thermal energy is transferred from one region to another.Heat transport is the same phenomena like mass transfer, momentum transfer and electrical conduction. Similar rate equations, where flux is proportional to a potential difference.The mechanism: energy is transported between parts of continuum by the transfer of kinetic energy between particles or groups of particles at the atomic level.
Purely thermal conduction: in solid opaque bodies (opaque: not permeable for radiation) the thermal conduction is the significant heat transfer mechanism because the material doesn’t flow and there is no radiation,
- Lec 1: Convective Heat and Mass Transfer 32m 39s Preview
- Lec 2: Flow Classifications 32m 2s Preview
- Lec 3: Laws of Conservation 39m 58s Preview
- Lec 4: Scalar Transport Equations 29m 16s Preview
- Lec 5: Laminar Boundary Layers 50m 44s Preview
- Lec 6: Similarity Method 40m 1s Preview
- Lec 7: Similarity Solution to Velocity BL 36m 40s Preview
- Lec 8: Similarity Soltion to Temp BL-1 38m 7s Preview
- Lec 9: : Similarity Soltion to Temp BL-2 36m 58s Preview
- Lec 10: Integral Equations of BL 26m 13s Preview
- Lec 11: Integral Solution to Laminar Vel BL 48m 9s Preview
- Lec 12: Integral Solution to Laminar Temp BL 44m s Preview
- Lec 13: Superposition Theory and Application 28m 37s Preview
- Lec 14: Laminar Internal Flows 44m 17s Preview
- Lec 15: Fully -Developed Laminar Flows-1 30m 43s Preview
- Lec 16: Fully -Developed Laminar Flows-2 35m 15s Preview
- Lec 17: Fully-Developed Laminar Flow Heat transfer-1 48m 52s Preview
- Lec 18: Fully-Developed Laminar Flow Heat transfer-2 49m 20s Preview
- Lec 19: Laminar Developing Heat Transfer 34m 18s Preview
- Lec 20: Super Position Technique 26m 4s Preview
- Lec 21: Nature of Turbulent Flows 47m 5s Preview
- Lec 22 A: Sustaining Mechanism of Turbulence-1 46m 49s Preview
- Lec 22 B: Sustaining Mechanism of Turbulence-1 32m 50s Preview
- Lec 24: Near-Wall Turbulent Flows-1 50m 37s Preview
- Lec 25: Near-Wall Turbulent Flows-2 31m 7s Preview
- Lec 26: Turbulence Models-1 41m 11s Preview
- Lec 27: Turbulence Models-2 42m 32s Preview
- Lec 28: Turbulence Models-3 48m 41s Preview
- Lec 29: Prediction of Turbulent Flows 51m 59s Preview
- Lec 30: Prediction of Turbulent Heat Transfer 41m 17s Preview
- Lec 31: Convective Mass Transfer 48m 53s Preview
- Lec 32: Stefan Flow Model 45m 48s Preview
- Lec 33: Cauetee Flow Model 32m 38s Preview
- Lec 34: Reynolds Flow Model 44m 38s Preview
- Lec 35: Boundary Layer Flow Model 32m 7s Preview
- Lec 36: Evaluation of g and N Omega 28m 1s Preview
- Lec 37: Diffusion Mass Transfer Problems 43m 8s Preview
- Lec 38: Conv-MT Couette Flow Model 39m 17s Preview
- Lec 39: Conv M T Reynolds Flow Model-1 45m 43s Preview
- Lec 40: Conv M T Reynolds Flow Model-2 43m 51s Preview
- Lec 41: Natural Convection BLs 51m 55s Preview
- Lec 42: Diffusion Jet Flames 49m 1s Preview
Prof. Date is Emeritus Fellow & Rahul Bajaj Chair Professor at Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay. He has been with IITB since 1973. He recently has been awarded with the IITB-Lifetime Achievement Award-2012, in recognition of his outstanding contributions as a teacher, researcher and administrator.
Professor Date's academic interests are in the fields of Heat and Mass Transfer with and without Phase Change, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Appropriate Technology and Technology-Development Issues. His teaching and research experience has resulted in two excellent textbooks titled Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics and Analytic Combustion.
Recommend along with this
Review's & Ratings
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Torquent nullam molestie ultrices primis hac fames risus sed id purus, turpis sit semper imperdiet libero praesent purus vitae torquent, ut sociosqu sodales id sodales faucibus eros litora vivamus posuere mauris. amet cursus risus donec habitant malesuada.Reply
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Sed semper sollicitudin varius inceptos elit libero, molestie tincidunt.