What will I learn from this course?
Fully understand and appreciate Newtons's 3 laws
Anybody who wants to understand Newtons's 3 laws
Who is the target audience?
Any aspirants who wants to understand Newtons 3 laws
In scope and in vision Dawson's conception of history ranks with the work of men like Spengler, Northrop, and Toynbee. This classic Dawson work is a conspectus of his thought on universal history in all its depth and range. Containing thirty-one essays selected from his writings it gives a clear and fascinating picture of his achievement in helping to widen our perspective of world history and in identifying the central determinative importance of religion for the formation of culture.
- Lec 1: Motion in Moving Reference Frames 54m 19s
- Lec 2: Newton's Laws 1h 11m 9s
- Lec 3: Motion of Center of Mass; Acceleration in Rotating Ref. Frames 1h 14m 47s
- Lec 4: Movement of a Particle in Circular Motion w/ Polar Coordinates 56m 17s
- Lec R2: Velocity and Acceleration in Translating and Rotating Frames 47m 6s
- Lec 5: Impulse, Torque, 1h 17m 6s
- Lec 6: Torque 1h 6m 1s
- Lec R2: Motion in Moving Reference Frames 41m 9s
- Lec 7: Degrees of Freedom, Free Body Diagrams, 1h 11m 43s
- Lec 8: Fictitious Forces 1h 12m 14s
- Lec R4: Free Body Diagrams 41m 4s
- Lec 9: Rotating Imbalance 1h 14m 32s
- Lec 10: Equations of Motion, Torque, Angular Momentum of Rigid Bodies 1h 9m 7s
- Lec R5. Equations of Motion 43m 13s
- Lec 11: Mass Moment of Inertia of Rigid Bodies 1h 9m 58s
- Lec 12: Problem Solving Methods for Rotating Rigid Bodies 1h 11m 22s
- Lec :R6. Angular Momentum and Torque 33m 43s
- Lec 13: Four Classes of Problems With Rotational Motion 1h 3m 53s
- Lec 14: More Complex Rotational Problems 1h 14m 8s
- Lec :R7. Cart and Pendulum, Direct Method 42m 51s
- Lec: Notation Systems 6m 2s
- Lec 15: Introduction to Lagrange With Examples 1h 21m 17s
- Lec: R8. Cart and Pendulum, Lagrange Method 35m 1s
- Lec 16: Kinematic Approach to Finding Generalized Forces 1h 13m 31s
J. Kim Vandiver is MIT's Dean for Undergraduate Research, Director of the Edgerton Center and Director of MIT's Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP),
which involves 80% of MIT's undergraduate students in research projects with MIT research staff and faculty. In 1992 he founded the Edgerton Center at MIT,
which provides resources for MIT students engaged in hands-on educational projects. The Center also runs a K-12 outreach program for local teachers and their classrooms.
Throughout his teaching career, Prof. Vandiver has stressed the importance of hands-on learning. He has worked to enliven the mainstream curriculum, incorporating more and earlier opportunities for students to solve real-life problems,
engage in research, and develop relationships with faculty. In 1998 he was the recipient of the MIT President's Award for Community Service for the Edgerton Center's work with the Cambridge Public Schools. In 2001 he was honored as a MacVicar Fellow for excellence in teaching.
A member of the Ocean Engineering Department, now Mechanical Engineering, faculty since 1975, Prof. Vandiver chaired MIT's faculty from 1991 until 1993. His research focuses on the dynamics of offshore structures and flow-induced vibration.
He teaches dynamics and mechanical vibration at the graduate and undergraduate level. Prof. Vandiver received his bachelor's degree in engineering from Harvey Mudd College of Science and Engineering, his master's degree in Ocean Engineering from MIT,
and a Ph.D. in Oceanographic Engineering from the MIT and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Joint Program.
He is a Registered Mechanical Engineer in the state of Massachusetts and is an active consultant in structural dynamics with the offshore engineering industry.
He is also a certified flight instructor for gliders.
Recommend along with this
Review's & Ratings
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Torquent nullam molestie ultrices primis hac fames risus sed id purus, turpis sit semper imperdiet libero praesent purus vitae torquent, ut sociosqu sodales id sodales faucibus eros litora vivamus posuere mauris. amet cursus risus donec habitant malesuada.Reply
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Sed semper sollicitudin varius inceptos elit libero, molestie tincidunt.