What will I learn from this course?
Appriciate and understand The poverty trap is a mechanism
Any body who wants understand The poverty trap is a mechanism.
Who is the target audience?
Any body who intrested in The poverty trap is a mechanism
The poverty trap is a mechanism which makes it very difficult for people to escape poverty. A poverty trap is created when an economic system requires a significant amount of various forms of capital in order to earn enough to escape poverty. When individuals lack this capital, they may also find it difficult to acquire it, creating a self-reinforcing cycle of poverty.
- Lec 1: What is poverty Trap 1h 23m 50s
- Lec 2: Social Experiments: Why and How? 1h 42m 00s
- Lec 3: Is There a Nutrition-Based Poverty Trap? 1h 16m 40s
- Lec 4: Nutrition: The Hidden Traps 1h 20m 26s
- Lec 5: Health: Low Hanging Fruit? 1h 20m 27s
- Lec 6: Education: Setting the Stage 52m 45s
- Lec 7: Is It Possible to Deliver Quality Education to the Poor 1h 8m 24s
- Lec 8: The Man Made Trap 1h 14m 5s
- Lec 9: Un-Orthodox Findings on the Family 1h 14m 5s
- Lec 10: How Do Families Decide? 1h 18m 58s
Esther Duflo is a French economist, Co-Founder and Director of the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL),
and Professor of Poverty Alleviation and Development Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Duflo is an NBER Research Associate,serves on the board of the Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD),
and is Director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research's development economics program.
Her research focuses on microeconomic issues in developing countries,including household behavior, education, access to finance, health, and policy evaluation.
Together with Abhijit Banerjee, Dean Karlan, Michael Kremer, John A. List, and Sendhil Mullainathan,
she has been a driving force in advancing field experiments as an important methodology to discover causal relationships in economics.
Recommend along with this
Review's & Ratings
2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Torquent nullam molestie ultrices primis hac fames risus sed id purus, turpis sit semper imperdiet libero praesent purus vitae torquent, ut sociosqu sodales id sodales faucibus eros litora vivamus posuere mauris. amet cursus risus donec habitant malesuada.Reply
2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Sed semper sollicitudin varius inceptos elit libero, molestie tincidunt.