What will I learn from this course?
Understand What is Inventory
Understand Significance of Inventory Valuation
Understand How to Value Inventory
Understand Techniques of Inventory Valuation
Students can approach the course with fresh mind
No Prior Knowledge is required
Who is the target audience?
Anyone who is interested in knowing about Inventory Valuation
CA / CS / CMA / CFA / CPA / CIMA Students
Welcome to this course on Accounting Inventory Valuation
Every business involved in manufacture/trade of products will carry some inventories regularly. Inventory may be in the form of goods held for sale in the ordinary course of Business or inventory may be in the process of production for such sale, or It may be in the form or materials or supplies to be consumed in the production process or in the rending of services. It becomes essential to value to these inventories to know the following.
- Income earned
- Financial Position
- Liquidity Position
- Compliance with statutory requirements
The other questions that arises are How to Value the Inventory? Should it be valued at Cost or Market Price or Net Realizable Value? To answer all these, Knowledge on Inventory Valuation is essential for Entrepreneurs, Accountants / Finance Managers, Auditors, etc.
Inventory Valuation plays significant role in presenting Financial Statements in a True and Fair Form.
By taking this course, you will be learning
- What is Inventory?
- Significance of Inventory Valuation.
- Measurement / Valuation of Inventory
- Cost of Inventory
- Cost of Purchase
- Cost of Conversion
- Net Realizable Value
- Techniques for Inventory Valuation
- Specific Identification of Cost
- First In First Out Method of Inventory Valuation
- Last In First Out Method of Inventory Valuation
- Simple Average Price Method
- Weighted Average Price Method
- Retail Method or Adjusted Selling Price Method.
- This course is structured in self learning pace style.
- This course has video lectures explaining each and every topic discussed above with writings on black/green board.
Simple English and casual presentation has been used for this course. Few case studies were also discussed to appreciate the theory concepts.
Take this course to gain clarity on the basics of Inventory, Inventory Valuation and Techniques of Inventory Valuation.
- Introduction to Inventory 3m 12s Preview
- Significance of Inventory Valuation 5m 39s Preview
- Valuation of Inventory 3m 28s Preview
- Components of Cost 7m 54s Preview
- Exclusion from Cost 2m 55s Preview
- Net Realisable Value 2m 38s Preview
- Techniques for Inventory Valuation 2m 50s Preview
- Specific Identification Method 3m 14s Preview
- FIFO Method of Valuation 6m 07s Preview
- LIFO Method of Valuation 7m 44s Preview
- Case Study for FIFO Method 9m 17s Preview
- Simple Average Price Method 3m 24s Preview
- Weighted Average Price Method 2m 47s Preview
- Case Study on Simple Average and Weighted Average Method 6m 55s Preview
- Retail or Adjusted Selling Price Method 5m 54s Preview
- Case Study on Retail or Adjusted Selling Price Method 5m 44s Preview
I am a practicing Chartered Accountant with tonnes of passion for teaching.
I teach Financial Management & Strategic Financial Management for Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Management Accountancy and Company Secretary students in Ernakulam, India. I also hold Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration in Finance from Symbiosis, Pune and Bachelors in Commerce, from Loyola College, Chennai.
I worked in State Bank of India as Assistant Vice President - Credit for a period of four years after which i started my Chartered Accountancy Practice. During the stint in State Bank of India, I worked on credit proposals of Mid Corporate Units and gained good experience in Financial Analysis, Risk Assessment, Viability Study, Evaluating business models, Project Finance, Working Capital Management, etc.
I conduct work shops for Entrepreneurs, Chartered Accountancy / Cost and Management Accountancy Students on the topics like Project Finance, Credit Risk Assessment, Entrepreneurship Development, Finance for Non Finance Executives, etc.
I love teaching and i want fundamentals of accounting and finance to reach students and so i am here.
Recommend along with this
Review's & Ratings
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Torquent nullam molestie ultrices primis hac fames risus sed id purus, turpis sit semper imperdiet libero praesent purus vitae torquent, ut sociosqu sodales id sodales faucibus eros litora vivamus posuere mauris. amet cursus risus donec habitant malesuada.Reply
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Sed semper sollicitudin varius inceptos elit libero, molestie tincidunt.