What will I learn from this course?
Understand What is Economics
Understand Theory of Demand
Understand Difference between Micro Economics and Macro Economics
Students can approach the course with fresh mind
No Prior Knowledge is required
Who is the target audience?
Finance and Accounting Professionals
CA / CS / CMA / B.Com., /M.Com Students
Welcome to course on "Basics of Economics A Complete Study"
Finance, Accountancy and Economics are three different business subjects but with inter dependence, similarities and of course distinct differences. If one has to excel in any of the above one these domains he should have strong understanding of main domain and basic understanding of other two domains. This course will provide basic knowledge on Economics for Finance and Accounting Professionals.
So, what is Economics is all about?
It's about making choices. It's not just about money. It is about weighing different choices or alternatives. So, there are variety of modern definitions for economics. Some of the differences may reflect evolving views of the subject or different views among economists. By studying Economics, you will understand two fundamental facts:
1.Human beings have unlimited wants; and
2.The means of satisfying these wants are relatively scarce and the above form the subject matter
By taking this course, you will learn
- What is Economics
- Definition and Scope of Economics
- Nature of Economics
- Methods of Study of Economics
- Economic Problems
- Theory of Demand
- Law of Demand
- Expansion and Contraction of Demand
- Demand Curve
- Elasticity of Demand
Based on students engagement level, further courses will be added on the topics like Theory of Production and Cost, Price Determination in Different Markets, etc. This course is structured in self paced learning style. You will experience virtual class room with black / green board writing and lectures with supporting lectures
Take this course to understand the basics of Economics
- Introduction 4m 43s Preview
- Wealth and Welfare Definition of Economics 4m 57s Preview
- Economics Scarcity Definition 3m 20s Preview
- Economics Growth Definition 5m 17s Preview
- Micro Economics 5m 04s Preview
- Macro Economics 2m 27s Preview
- Methods of Economic Analysis 5m 39s Preview
- Economic Laws 7m 09s Preview
- Human Wants 4m 37s Preview
- Charecteristics of Wants Part I 5m 06s Preview
- Charecteristics of Want Part II 3m 20s Preview
- Classification of Wants 2m 41s Preview
- Significance of Classification of Want 2m 18s Preview
- Utility - Total Utility and Marginal Utility 5m 54s Preview
- Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility 13m 06s Preview
- Importance of Law of DMU 3m 17s Preview
- Criticism of Law of DMU 3m 53s Preview
- Law of Equi Marginal Utility 9m 27s Preview
- Limitations of Law of EMU 1m 43s Preview
I am a practicing Chartered Accountant with tonnes of passion for teaching.
I teach Financial Management & Strategic Financial Management for Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Management Accountancy and Company Secretary students in Ernakulam, India. I also hold Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration in Finance from Symbiosis, Pune and Bachelors in Commerce, from Loyola College, Chennai.
I worked in State Bank of India as Assistant Vice President - Credit for a period of four years after which i started my Chartered Accountancy Practice. During the stint in State Bank of India, I worked on credit proposals of Mid Corporate Units and gained good experience in Financial Analysis, Risk Assessment, Viability Study, Evaluating business models, Project Finance, Working Capital Management, etc.
I conduct work shops for Entrepreneurs, Chartered Accountancy / Cost and Management Accountancy Students on the topics like Project Finance, Credit Risk Assessment, Entrepreneurship Development, Finance for Non Finance Executives, etc.
I love teaching and i want fundamentals of accounting and finance to reach students and so i am here.
Recommend along with this
Review's & Ratings
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Torquent nullam molestie ultrices primis hac fames risus sed id purus, turpis sit semper imperdiet libero praesent purus vitae torquent, ut sociosqu sodales id sodales faucibus eros litora vivamus posuere mauris. amet cursus risus donec habitant malesuada.Reply
- 2/07/14 Friday 10:20am
Sed semper sollicitudin varius inceptos elit libero, molestie tincidunt.