- 19m 53s
Origin of Centripetal Forces Preview
- 24m 47s
Uniform Fields and Potentials
- 15m 43s
Examples of Horizontal Circular Motion
- 15m 35s
Vertical Circular Motion
- 11m 54s
Earth's Gravitational Field
- 21m 37s
Gravity and Orbits
The video lectures and the quizzes included in this chapter Circular Motion and Gravitation ensure that the student has the following Essential understandings required for IBDP Physics
Content based Understanding
- Define gravitational fields and Newton's law of gravitation.
- Understand the application of circular motion and its characteristics.
- Define centripetal acceleration.
Skills based Understanding
- Apply the Newton's laws of motion to find resultant forces in various systems.
- Apply algebraic and trigonometry-based techniques to solve problems based on resultant forces in a circular motion and uniform gravitational fields.
- Apply knowledge of how the field varies according to distance and mass and use graphical analysis. while solving numerical problems.
Concept based Understanding
- The underlying concept of objects moving at a constant speed experiencing acceleration.
- The inverse square law variation affects the nature of the force and fields.