JEE Advanced 2020 is a national-level entrance assessment which provides admissions into the top engineering and architecture programs of India such as IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs etc. IIT JEE Advanced is conducted by the seven prestigious zonal IITs under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) for admission in Bachelor's, Integrated Masters and Dual Degree programs for all the IITs.
Through JEE Advanced
, aspirants can secure admissions to the following courses which are:
- 1. 4 year Bachelors - BTech, BS
- 2. 5 year BArch
- 3. 5 year Dual Degree - BTech, MTech, BS, MS
- 4. 5 year Integrated Masters - MTech, MSc, Dual Degree
JEE Advanced exam is basically the second phase of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). This year JEE Advanced will be conducted to fill 10,988 seats in 23 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and IISC Bangalore. JAB (Joint Admission Board) formed by the participating IITs is the regulatory body of Joint entrance examination JEE.
Colleges Other Than IITs Who Accept JEE Advanced
Apart from the 23 IITs, the following colleges accept candidates through JEE Examination Advanced ranking are:
- 1. Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- 2. Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam
- 3. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- 4. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- 5. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- 6. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- 7. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- 8. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tirupati
- 9. Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Berhampur
- 10. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- 11. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
Latest News on JEE Exam Information
- Top 2,45,000 candidates including reserved categories of JEE Main 2019 will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- The Supreme Court has removed the age bar for JEE Advanced.
- The reservation for PwD candidates has increased to 5% from 3%.
- Supernumerary seats will be created for female candidates to increase their presence from 8% (existing) to 14%.
- JEE Adv will be completely online (computer based).
- Application fee has been increased to INR 2600 for General category and GST will not be applicable.
- A total of five exam centres must be chosen while filling application form, earlier it used to be three.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main Advanced
- Age: General category candidates should not be more than 26 years of age.
- Number of Attempts: Only two times in two consecutive years.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 or equivalent in 2019 are also eligible.
- Minimum 75% marks in 10+2 or equivalent or they must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Students who rejected the IIT seats earlier are not eligible to apply. Those who have paid the seat acceptance fee but still not accepted the seat are eligible.
IIT JEE Mains and Advanced Counselling
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is responsible for the counselling session of Joint entrance qualified candidates. Firstly, after registration candidates will have to select their choice of colleges and courses. Candidates are allotted seats into the participating IITs according to their secured ranks, preferences and availability of seats. The counselling for the JEE Advanced AAT qualified will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). The candidates have to register through JoSAA where allotment will be done again in consideration with candidate's secured rank, preferences made and seat availability.