JEE Main - 2020
Joint Entrance Exam - JEE Main is the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam. The IIT JEE Main is the gateway for the admission to various B.Tech/B.E. programmes offered by 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 23 CFTIs. JEE Main is conducted by National Testing Agency in computer-based mode twice a year. Not only this, IIT Mains is the qualifying test for JEE Advanced through which candidates can get admission to 23 prestigious IITs. JEE Main examination is held for two papers which is for B.Tech and B.Arch admissions. States like Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Nagaland & some other institutions use JEE Main ranks for admissions too although admission criteria for the states are notified by the state authorities only. Basically, JEE Main All India Rank is the most important as on the basis of it, seat is allocated in NIT, IIITs, and GFTIs. The new changed JEE Main allows candidates to appear twice for the entrance exam in a given year. The better of the two scores is used for the ranking purpose as per the regulations. Candidates can download the result from jeemain.nic.in.
Latest JEE Main Information
Around 167475 students appeared for the exam. As per aspirants, Mathematics was difficult and time consuming section. Aptitude test was slightly tricky while drawing section was the easiest section. The paper was set from the syllabi of Class 11 and 12 of CBSE only.
- Top 2,45,000 JEE Main 2019 qualifiers will be shortlisted to appear for JEE Advanced 2019.
- Form 2019, Bihar and Jharkhand have joined the JEE Main and the state entrance exams have been done away with.
- The newly implemented 10% reservation to Economically Weaker Section will be applicable in JEE Main 2019.
- Institutes which will not participate in centralised counselling will conduct their own counselling process.
- NTA released official answer keys and students' responses for JEE Main 2019 April session on jeemain.nic.in.
JEE Main Entrance Exam Eligibility
Even though the regulating body has changed to NTA, the eligibility criteria for IIT JEE Mains exam
remains the same. Given below the criteria in details:
- Age limit - Must be born on or after Oct 1,1994 and 5 Years relaxation for reserved categories.
- Minimum qualifying marks for admission in NITs, IIITs, IITs and CFTIs - 75% marks in aggregate and 65% relaxation for reserved category.
- Total number of attempts - 3
- Only candidates having 40% or more disability will be provided Scribe/Reader on the request of the candidate.
- Those who are applying for B.E./B.Tech must have Physics and Mathematics along with one of the subjects from Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology.
- The candidates who have applied for B.Arch./B.Planning must have studied Mathematics.
JEE Main examination Counselling JEE Main examination
counselling is done at three levels in online mode:
- 1. Joint Seat Allocation Authority: IITs, IIITs, NITs and other Central Government Funded Technical Institutes.
- 2. Central Seat Allocation Board-NEUT: AICTE approved institutes in NE States & UTs.
- 3. CSAB-SFTI: Self-funded Technical Institutes.