JEE Main Exam Pattern
JEE Main or JEE entrance consists of two papers - Paper 1 for B.Tech/ B.E. and paper 2 for B.Arch/ B. Planning. As per the JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020. From 2020 National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct JEE exam twice a year. The official notification released at nta.ac.in has confirmed that no changes will be introduced in the syllabus and IIT JEE exam pattern. From 2019 onwards, NTA will hold both the joint entrance test papers twice a year – January and April.
JEE Main Exam Pattern - Paper 1IIT JEE pattern
of Paper-I held for B.Tech course are given below :
- Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Test
- Sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Paper-I are held in two shifts per day (9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm)
- Examination Duration: 3 Hours
- Question Paper Medium: For all exam cities centres, the question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium. Candidates have to exercise the option of question paper language at the time of filling the application form.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will be awarded 4 marks while for incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Number of Questions in Sections: Physics-30, Chemistry-30 and Mathematics-30
JEE Main Exam Pattern - Paper 2IIT JEE pattern
of Paper-I held for B.Arch course are given below :
- Mode of Exam- Mathematics and Aptitude Test was held partially in computer-based test mode, while the drawing exam will be offline (pen and paper based) mode.
- Sections- Mathematics, General Aptitude, Drawing Skills
- Paper-2 was held in two shift
- Duration of Examination- 3 Hours
- Question Paper Medium: Question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium.
- Type of Questions- Objective questions in Mathematics and Aptitude. While drawing test will assess drawing and sketching abilities.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will fetch 4 marks, whereas 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. In case of drawing questions, it will be of total 70 marks. The marks for each question will be mentioned along with it.
- Number of Questions in Each Section: Aptitude – 50, Mathematics – 30 and Drawing - 3