Indian Engineering Services better known as IES are the coveted civil services that conforms to the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India. IES comprises of engineers who work under the government of India and are designated as Class-1 Officer. To that effect, they are de jure representatives and delegates of the Indian State and the President.
They control and administer a large segment of the public sector economy constituting Indian Railways, Power, Telecommunications, Central Water Engineering, Defence Service of Engineers, Central Engineering Service etc. The scope of work performed by these techno-managerial bureaucrats largely depends upon their engineering stream and the service or cadre they are recruited for.
1. Age between 21 and 30 years with some quota exceptions
2. Educational Qualification:
Any one of the following
I. Compulsory Subjects: General English/General Studies
II. Optional Engineering Categories(Subjects):
The IES constitutes of engineering services that work under the Government of India to manage the public sector economy. IES offers candidates the opportunity to work in a number of governmental departments in various critical technical roles such as:
1. The papers on General English and General Studies are subjective.
2. The question papers in all the subjects will be of Conventional(essay) type.
3. All question papers must be answered in English. Question paper will be set in English only.
4. The Commission can fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
5. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances, will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.
6. If a candidate's handwriting is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him/her.
7. Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge. Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words.
8. Candidates will be allowed the use of Scientific(Non-Programmable type) Calculator at the examination. Programmable type calculators will however not be allowed. Loaning or interchanging of calculators in the Examination Hall is not permitted.
9. Candidates should use only International form of Indian numerals (e.g. 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc.) while answering question papers.
The online preparation for IES 2019 by VANI Institute in association with AspireBuzz has been designed by top educators from reputed universities and is available in two packages to the IES Aspirants. The topics are meticulously curated by our proficient and well-experienced senior Professors/Lecturers of Vani Institute across the country identifying the critical topics for subjects from IES assessment perspective.1. Test Series
This module is designed to help you solve the tests for Online Preparation on IES 2019 and understand the concepts associated with the questions provided. AspireBuzz follows the principle of Stimulation Based Learning, an unique interactive module, where the aim is to stimulate our conceptual analysis and reach to the solution on our own rather than the direct answer approach. Each question in this test series is accompanied by three videos:
[Please Note: All the videos are exclusive to Aspirebuzz and VANI Institute and are created by the faculty from premier institutes across the country.]2. Mock Series:
This package is ideal for students who are already preparing for the UES and are looking towards further robust enhancement in the preparation for IES 2019 through online preparation mode. The package comes along with multiple questions for the students to perform and solve. Each question is accompanied with a solution. The solutions available are in a relevant text format in this and so does not contain any videos.
You can very well anytime, anywhere register for a free demo/trial package with our learning platform AspireBuzz and let your journey for Online Preparation of IES 2019 Civil/Mechanical/Engineering/ECE begin with a bang.
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."
Likewise the saying goes, experiencing each and every test online with our test module will generate not only a precise result but invaluable lessons too. So how do we keep it different?
As an aspiring engineer when you are diligently preparing for IES, you cannot afford to neglect knowing your results in-depth or having a comprehensive perspective on your areas of improvement truly. Being aware of highly competitive nature of IES, a holistic comparative analysis of your test reports with regard to other students aspiring for IES is equally significant. The report generated by Aspirebuzz's IES Online Course 2019 will provide you with an intensive analysis of your score comprising of your strengths, weaknesses as well as your ranking in comparison. The report aims to give a 360 degree perspective of your performance which in turn guides you to understand and decide the course of action you need towards improvement and progress of your grades/scores further to ace IES 2019 efficiently and effectively.